January 15th, 2019
Introduction & Background
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst to provide a Transition Road Map for our enterprise client. The BSA will be responsible for working with the business and IT in establishing and executing a plan to transition and rationalize various enterprise applications. In this role, the Business Systems Analyst contributes to the overall design, planning, implementation and direction for the organization's IS transition initiative.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Effectively liaise with multiple business and IS groups to determine appropriate action to transition the company's systems.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Education & Experience Required
- Support the existing collaboration applications, including Sharepoint and other web-based technologies, solutions and applications in place.
- Develop support practices and ensure adherence to standards.
- Foster high standards of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental stewardship. Model safe behavior based on safety principles.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications Required
- B.Sc. Computer Science, MIS or related Management/Information Management discipline;
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Business Analyst role;
- Experience developing, writing and communicating:
- project plans and documentation;
- system architecture and infrastructure documents;
- solutions plans;
- systems requirements documents; and,
- standards, best practices and guidelines documents.
- Five or more years of experience working with SharePoint and web applications;
- Experience working effectively in teams, and taking a leadership role on teams;
- Oil and gas or transmission pipeline experience an asset;
- Experience across the spectrum of information systems and technologies and able to bring that broad-based experience to bear in building superior solutions, particularly as it relates to web-based technologies;
- Experience with document or information management solutions a plus; and,
- Extensive experience planning, designing, developing and implementing complex web-based integration and collaboration solutions, particularly using Microsoft Sharepoint and related Microsoft technologies, in a multi-disciplined business organization.
- BA Certification;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- Innovative thinker, solution builder, problem solver – energetic, enthusiastic and shows strong initiative;
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical resources , including internal and external technical resources, project and technology managers, and line-of-business employees and management;
- Strong familiarity and understanding of SharePoint, Web and Enterprise Content Management solutions.