Closing Date: January 31st, 2019 (Client will hire as soon as the right candidate is found)
Work Location: Medicine Hat
Relocation allowance: Yes
Introduction & Background
We are seeking a Senior Relationship Manager Team Lead for this reputable financial institution located in Medicine Hat , Alberta.
You’ll work for a company that values community engagement, social responsibility, and service leadership. This position is primarily accountable for the development/administration of a commercial loan and deposit portfolio, which includes accountability for the competent management of that portfolio. Emphasis will be placed on coaching, leading, loan administration, sales, service, member advice and growth.
You’ll work closely with the Regional Manager Business Banking, where you’ll exercise proactive judgement for sales and business development by cultivating a strong working relationship with the retail branch network, local business owners, members of the professional community, and potential syndication partners.
This position is also accountable, within established limits, for the analysis and approval/ recommendation of commercial credit applications and team portfolio generated by teams/ Relationship Managers within the designated territory. The Senior Relationship Manager Team Lead may be indirectly accountable for the management of specific larger/ senior credits within the unit.
- Assist the Regional Manager Business Banking to train, motivate and guide staff to ensure high quality service
- Assist the Regional Manager Business Banking to manage the team’s lending and deposit activities
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts to maximize small business and commercial loan growth, deposit growth, and sales of peripheral products
- Provide proactive advice to business members to meet their financial needs
- Maintain a high profile and professional image in the business and social communities, personally and through subordinates
- Develop and submit renewal applications, prepare consolidated information for reporting purposes to the Regional Manager Business Banking as required
- Ensure negotiable and non-negotiable collateral security is obtained and maintained in accordance with the terms of authorized credits
- Provide input to the Regional Manager Business Banking on the recommendation of loan policies and procedures when required
- Direct junior staff members in the structure, negotiations and submission of credit applications; evaluate requests based on policy, risk and profitability
- Ensure vigorous pursuit to collect problem commercial and agricultural loans
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of business banking products over a 7- to 10-year period
- Demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities, and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio
- Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, influential community people, and staff
- Experience in effectively leading a team (management experience)
- University degree in business or finance, or sufficient experience in commercial lending and management/leadership in lieu of education
- Specific trade and industry certifications TBC